Friday 1 April 2011

Our Truth - Illustrations

For my first track I am going to do a few illustrations in my slideshow that link in with the lyrics of the song.  My first is illustration of the song "Our Truth" is to represent the clock ticking.




The next image is to represent the lyrics "killing time"




The next image is to represent the lyrics "ripping off" the best condescending smile




The next image is to represent the lyrics "falling right through"




The next image is to represent lying and "telling more lies"





The next illustration is to represent the lyrics "tease me"




The next illustration is to show the lyrics "stealing time" 




The below image is to represent the lyrics "run away"




The next image is to represent the lyrics "silent sneaking"




The next image is to represent the lyrics rugged the "road"




The next illustration is to represent the lyrics "like we're flying"




After trying to fit these images to fit the musical track, I have had to get rid of two of the images.  I have also put in photographs of Lacuna Coil, and Cristina Scabbia (Lead Singer) and manipulated them in photoshop to give them a painted effect, a bit like my images.  I am happy with most of my illustrations although I feel some are much stronger than others.  Also if I had more time, the paintings I created with black acrylic I would fill in on Illustrator to give a more finished effect.

I have used the theme "snapshots" and had to figure out how long each image was on the screen for to fit in with the music track, each image is on screen for approximately 8.6 seconds and there are a total of 25 images.  This took some time to figure out as I wanted the correct image to appear with the right lyrics of the song to make the images more obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment